- Your Body: Getting to know your lady parts 05/30/2017
How to Pick the Perfect Lubricant
One of the most important elements of a good sexual experience is having the proper lubrication. The body produces its own lubrication when a woman is sexually excited but, in most cases, it’s not enough to last her throughout the entire encounter. That’s when a really high quality lubricant can make all the difference. Lube is definitely not created equally.
What should you look for when deciding which one is right for you?
The Different Kinds of Lube
The factor that differentiates personal lubricant more than any other is the main ingredient. When shopping for lube, you’ll find water based, silicone based, and oil based options. Water based lubes often feel the most natural. They’re not sticky or gooey, and they clean up extremely easily. A water based option is often the most natural and gentle on the skin. The next option is silicone based. It is slicker and lasts longer than water based options because of the ingredient base. For this same reason, it requires soap and water to be washed off after sexual activity. Some couples use this kind of lube for sexual activity in water because it won’t wash off easily. Oil based lubes provide a different sensation that some people enjoy. However, this kind of lube is not recommended because oil based lubes shouldn’t be used with condoms or some sex toys. This is because they break down the latex in condoms and can cause breakage and tearing. They can also damage certain types of sex toys. Oil based lubes are difficult to clean up and can stain sheets and clothing.
How do you choose a personal lubricant?
- The Feel - Part of the decision of choosing a lubricant comes down to personal preference. The three different kinds of lube mentioned above each have a different feel to them. It’s important that a lube has a smooth, natural feel to it; one that mimics a woman’s natural lubrication, so that it simply enhances a couple’s sexual experience. The personal lubricant, Velvet Rose, sold here on our website, is light, smooth, and natural.
- The Ingredients - Aside from considering how a lube feels on your body, you also need to consider what ingredients it has in it. No one wants to put harsh and possibly harmful chemicals on such an important and delicate part of their body. That’s why it’s extremely important to find a lubricant that has all natural ingredients. Velvet Rose has no additives, artificial flavors, odors, or harmful allergens. Unfortunately, with most other brands of lube out there, even some of the most well-known, that isn’t the case. Velvet Rose has been cleared by the FDA, unlike 99% of the other personal lubricants on the market.
- The Safety Factor - A personal lubricant should be safe to use with sex toys and condoms. Often you have to be careful when using an oil or silicone based lube because their ingredients can damage sex toys, kegel weight sets, and even condoms. Velvet Rose is gentle on your body, your toys and condoms, and completely safe to use with any of these products.
- The Wetness Factor - Some lubes dry up quickly or feel sticky and gooey after being applied. Velvet Rose is smooth, sleek, and keeps your intimate areas moist and perfectly wet throughout sexual play.
There are many things to consider when choosing a lubricant. Make sure that when you select yours, you choose one that offers all of the best ingredients and functionality to heighten your sexual experience. Velvet Rose not only offers all of the things you want in a personal lubricant, but you can also rest easy using this product, knowing that it has been FDA certified.
The Velvet Rose Personal Lubricant is one of the few FDA Registered Personal Lubricants, so you can rest assured that you're getting a safe and effective product for your most intimate moments.