- How do I do traditional kegel exercises?
- Why should I use kegel exercise weights?
- What factors can weaken your pelvic floor muscles
- How do I find my pelvic floor muscles?
- How do I start using the weights?
- The outer Intimate Rose kegel weight box was slightly damaged. Were my weights used?
- I was able to skip some of the earlier weights, is that ok?
- I saw a picture of the Intimate Rose brand plastic kegel weights with a fishing line string. Are these the same product?
- How far do I need to insert the weights?
- Where can I find exercises I can do while using my Intimate Rose Kegel Weights?
- Can I use lubricant with the weights?
Safety and Features
- Is the Intimate Rose Kegel Exercise System safe to use?
- Are kegel exercises recommended by doctors?
- What material are the weights made out of?
- The string seems really thin, will it break?
How to use the kegel exercise system effectively
- Can I use the weights while sitting or lying down?
- How long will it take for me to see results?
- Why does the set include 6 weights when I can already hold some of them?
- I'm having trouble using the lightest weight. What should I do?
- How can I tell if I'm flexing the right muscles?
- I have a vaginal organ prolapse and it ’s hard for me to hold the lightest weight. What should I do?
- If the weight starts to drop, should I be able to pull it back with the strength of my internal muscles? If I can’t, should I move to a lighter weight?
- My pelvic floor muscles are getting sore. What should I do?
- How should I clean the weights?
- Where can I get more help or connect with other wome n using Intimate Rose products?
- The weight does not fall out as I relax. Does this me an it's too far up?
- My pelvic floor muscles are strong enough to hold the heaviest weight. Does that mean the weight is not effective for me?
- Why don't I feel anything whenever the weight is inside me?
- If the tip of the weight is sticking out should I go down a weight?
- Can I use the weight for longer than 10 -15 minutes?
- Why do I need to pull on the attached string before the weight comes out?
- I'm having difficulty keeping the 2nd weight in without it slipping out.
- Do I need to switch back to the lightest weight even if that one seemed easy for me?
- Can I use these in the early stages of my pregnancy?
How do I do traditional kegel exercises?
- First, you need to identify your pelvic floor muscles. If you’re not sure which muscles these are, try to stop your urination mid-stream. The muscles that tighten when you stop your urination are the same ones you’ll want to contract when you do a kegel exercise. (Once you have identified your pelvic floor muscles, do not repeatedly engage those muscles while you’re urinating — this can actually lead to urinary tract infections, urinary incontinence, and other problems.)
- Contract your pelvic floor muscles and hold for 5 seconds then release for 5 seconds. You can repeat this pattern 5 times in a row. As it gets easier, you can increase to 10 second holds with the same routine. It is recommended to build up to three sets of 10 repetitions a day.
- Make sure you are tightening only your pelvic floor muscles and not the muscles in your thighs, buttocks, or abdomen. Breathe freely and avoid holding your breath during the exercises.
- Depending on your goals, we have many articles on our blog that describe different ways to do kegel exercises with and without our weights.
Why should I use kegel exercise weights?
There are many reasons why you might choose to add vaginal weights to your kegel exercise routine. Many doctors and physical therapists recommend usi ng weights and different techniques to help with urinary incontinence, sexual dysfunction, fecal incontinence, vaginal organ prolapse, and more.
- Kegel weights help women properly identify and isolate their pelvic floor muscles for proper kegel exercises.
- The weights add resistance which allows you to increase t he strength of your pelvic floor muscles more quickly than traditional kegel exercises alone.
- Kegel exercises are recommended by physical therapists, gynecologists, and obstetricians to increase vaginal elasticity for easier labor and recovery while increasing bladder control to help with urinary and urge incontinence as well as aid in fecal incontinence issues.
- Mild urinary incontinence, which occurs while coughing, laugh ing, or sneezing tends to effect women who have given birth, gained weight, or are aging. Increasing pelvic floor strength can combat this and kegel exercise weights can help your pelvic floor muscles get stronger more quickly than other methods.
- Kegel exercise weight training can help make childbirth e asier by strengthening your pelvic floor muscles which are used while giving birth vaginally.There are benefits for those who are having a c-section as well. Additionally, after delivery, your muscles are more likely to bounce back to their original shape and strength if your pelvic floor muscles are strong.
Back to top
What factors can weaken your pelvic floor muscles
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Excessive straining from constipation
- Chronic coughing
- Weight gain
Is the Intimate Rose Kegel Exercise System safe to use?
Yes, it is safe to use. Each weight is made from premium body-safe, medical-grade silicone. They are BPA-free, hypoallergenic, non-porous for easy cleaningBack to top
Are kegel exercises recommended by doctors?
Yes, there are many reasons why many types of doctors could re commend kegel exercises, especially the use of kegel exercise weights. We have doctors on staff who help guide our customers with the best training methods for their specific goals and condition.Back to top
How do I find my pelvic floor muscles?
You can feel your pelvic floor muscles by inserting one clean finger at least 1 inch into your vagina. Rest your finger against your internal sidewall a s you squeeze and lift your anus, urethra, and vagina to feel your pelvic floor muscles contracting.Back to top
How do I start using the weights?
If you are just beginning kegel exercises, here are some quick tips to help you get started using your Intimate Rose Kegel Exercise System:
- Empty your bladder and bowel before each session.
- To find your starter weight, insert the ivory colored weig ht and see if you can hold it in for 2 minutes while standing (no hands). If you can manage it , move up to the next darker shade. Repeat this until you have found a challenging, yet com fortable weight.
- Use this starter weight for 15 minutes every day. Many wo men find it convenient to do in the morning while you shower and get ready for the day. We recommend standing and moving with the weights in to encourage your muscles to tighten.
- As your pelvic floor muscles get stronger, you can move up to the next darker weight for an added challenge. It could take a week or two to progress though each colored weight. Ever y woman is different, so do what works for you. Challenge yourself without overdoing it.
- Wash the weights with mild soap and warm water before and after each use.
- Some women like to use a lubricant to help with insertio n, make sure it's water-based and not silicone-based or it can damage the weights.
- Consistency is key! Women who add kegel weight exercises to their daily routine have the best results!
For best results, we recommend you use the Intimate Rose Kegel Weights while standing. If you are standing and moving around while using the weight s, gravity will work in your favor to help challenge and strengthen your musclesBack to top
How long will it take for me to see results?
Every woman is different, so results can vary. If exercise s are done regularly, you can expect to feel results in as little as a week or two, but for maximum benefit you should stick to the program for a couple months or more. You can contact us and a health care professional to find out the right amount of exercising for your specific goals. Back to top
Why does the set include 6 weights when I can already hold some of them?
The reason we have 6 different weights is to accommodate a wide range of users and allow a progression so that you are able to continue to challenge and improve your pelvic floor strength. Some women will have trouble holding the lightest wei ght, others will be able to start in the middle. Everyone starts from a different place and has different goals, so we offer plenty of training guides, information, and weights to allow everyone to get their perfect pelvic floor workout.Back to top
I'm having trouble using the lightest weight. What should I do?
You are not alone! Some women need extra work before they can use the first weight. We recommend supplementing with daily traditional kegel exercises to build up your initial strength for 1-2 weeks. (If you are not familiar with traditional kegel exercises, please read over the information provided under How do I do traditional kegel exercises? You can even set reminders on your phone so you remember to get your exercises in throughout the day
After 1-2 weeks, try the lightest weight again and foll ow our guidelines in the instruction manual. Even if you can only hold the weight for 30-60 seconds at a time, you will get better as you keep working at it! If you can only hold the ivory weight for a few minutes, then we recommend trying to use it 2-3 times per day if possible. Listen to your body. If you're getting too sore, cut back. When each weight gets a little easier for you, try the next heavier weightBack to top
Can I use lubricant with the weights?
Yes! Although our weights were created with silky smooth medical-grade silicone to allow for easy insertion, it is helpful for some women to use a lubricant both for comfort and an extra challenge. The more lubricated, the harder it will be fo r you to hold the weights. When selecting a lubricant be sure it is water-based . Do NOT use a silicone-based lubricant as it can damage the silicone coating on the weightsBack to top
How can I tell if I'm flexing the right muscles?
These are same muscles you use to stop urinating. You can try to stop urination midstream once or twice to figure out which muscles to flex. Once you have identified your pelvic floor muscles, do not repeatedly engage those muscles while you ’ re urinating — this can actually lead to urinary tract infections, urinary incontinence, and other problem.Back to top
I have a vaginal organ prolapse and it ’ s hard for me to hold the lightest weight. What should I do?
It will all come down to how severe the prolapse is an d how hard you ’ re willing to work. Some women weren't able to get the weight in at all, and others were able to get most of the weights in and then squeeze their pelvic floor (kegel) muscles to hold the weight eventually, even without it being completely inside. Depending on the severity, i t might take you longer and you might need to supplement with traditional kegel exercises . We recommend setting an alarm on your phone a couple times per day to do the traditional kegel exercises and then at morning or night, try using the weights for extra resistance and see if you can begin to hold the weight with your body instead of your hands. If you start getting sore and feel like you're over-doing it, then cut back a little bit on the traditional exercises. For more information you can also contact us and check our blog.Back to top
If the weight starts to drop, should I be able to pull it back with the strength of my internal muscles? If I can’t, should I move to a lighter weight?
If the weight is dropping out often, you should try a lighter weight. When you feel t he weight dropping, it is reminding your body to flex to strengthen your muscles. If you cannot pull the weight back up with your pelvic muscles, it might be necessary to occasionally push it back int o place with your fingers. The more you train with each weight, the longer you should be able to hold it without the weight slipping out . Find what works for you by balancing the time you have t he weight in and the heaviness of the weight to give yourself a workout that is both comfortable and challengingBack to top
The outer Intimate Rose kegel weight box was slightly damaged. Were my weights used?
Absolutely not! We NEVER sell used weights. The wear and tear on the box most likely occurred during shipping to your doorstep. We always want our clients to receive their purchases in good condition. Unfortunately, we don't have control on how people from the shipping company handle your items. We often remind them to handle our packages with care, but sometimes damage t o the outside box still occurs during delivery.Back to top
My pelvic floor muscles are getting sore. What should I do?
Listen to your body! If you are getting sore, cut back on t he length of time you are holding the weight or move back to a lighter weight until your body i s ready to progress. It’s ok to take a day or two off if you need it.Back to top
How should I clean the weights?
Clean the weights with mild soap and warm water before and after each use. Pat them dry with a lint-free towelBack to top
What material are the weights made out of?
The weights are made of medical-grade silicone. It is one single piece of velvety soft and comfortable silicone wrapping each safe metal weight.The string is simply a silicone extension from the weight.Back to top
The string seems really thin, will it break?
No, the silicone string will not break. Our silicone string has been tested to hold up to 10 pounds (4.5kg) of weight without breaking.Back to top
Where can I get more help or connect with other wome n using Intimate Rose products?
We currently have a Facebook community. If you need private advice, you can use the contact us page or email us at . We answer all questions within 24 hours. How heavy is the heaviest weight? The heaviest weight is 4.4oz (125g). This is the heaviest kegel weight available anywhere. We ad ded 30% extra weight to our set and changed the weight distributions so they would be more helpful to more women. Every women can be challenged and progress to new heights of kegel strength with our kegel exercise system.Back to top
I was able to skip some of the earlier weights, is that ok?
Yes, this is why we have 6 different weights while most products have 1 or 2. Every woman is different and has different goals. With that said, there are things you can do to increase the challenge of the weights. First, you can use a water-based lubricant to make the weight more slippery, which will make holding the weight even more challenging. Next, You can incorporate movements while using a lighter weight such as Pilates, yoga, squats, a brisk walk, or moving on an elliptical machine.Increasing your body movement will encourage your pelvic muscles to work harder to keep the weights from slipping outBack to top
I saw a picture of the Intimate Rose brand plastic kegel weights with a fishing line string. Are these the same product?
The plastic kegel weights with a fishing line string were our initial version of the weights. We have upgraded these to our next generation version by listening to suggestions from our customers. We are no longer offering the plastic weights with nylon string and a metal clasp. They have been replaced with our softer and smoother medical-grade silicon e weights. We have made many changes to these weights to significantly increase the challenge, comfort, safety, cleanliness, and range of women who can benefit from them. In short, if you ’ re still using plastic kegel weights you should upgrade to the Intimate Rose Kegel Exercise System immediately.Back to top
How far do I need to insert the weights?
Insert the weights just far enough that the beginning of the string is inside you. This is enough for your pelvic floor muscles to hold onto the weights.Back to top
The weight does not fall out as I relax. Does this me an it's too far up?
The pelvic floor muscles are not very high, so it is likely the weight is inserted too high. You can add a water- based lubricant to the weight before inserting to create less friction against your body which will encourage your muscles to flex more to stop the weight fro m slipping out.Back to top
My pelvic floor muscles are strong enough to hold the heaviest weight. Does that mean the weight is not effective for me?
Less than 1% of our customers can hold our heaviest weigh t right away. The dark purple weight is currently the heaviest weight on the market. That said , all hope is not lost! You can increase the challenge of the weight by using the weights while doing an exercise routine such as yoga, Pilates, squats, a brisk walk outside, or while using a n elliptical machine. The added movement will add resistance and make it harder to keep the weight s in without working your muscles. We also recommend that you use a water-based lubricant to reduce friction against your pelvic wall an d encourage your muscles to tighten when the weights beg in to slip out.Back to top
Why don't I feel anything whenever the weight is inside me?
Make sure you are up and moving around while using the weights. Going up and down stairs, brisk walking, or any extra movements will add resistance and increase the need to flex your kegel muscles to hold the weight.Back to top
If the tip of the weight is sticking out should I go down a weight?
Yes. For best results, you want to have the entire weigh t inserted so that your pelvic floor muscles are flexing to prevent gravity from lowering the weight.Back to top
Can I use the weight for longer than 10 -15 minutes?
Yes, but listen to your body. We have different guidelines for users with different conditions, but in general we recommend 15 minute sessions as long as yo u are still comfortable. As your body gets stronger, you can move up to heavier weights or long er hold times but if you begin to get too sore then you should cut back.Back to top
Why do I need to pull on the attached string before the weight comes out?
The weight was likely inserted too high. You want to insert the weight just far enough that the beginning of the string is inside you, so your pelvic floor muscles can hold onto the weight. If the weight is inserted correctly, it should start to slip out when you relax your muscles while you ’ re standing and moving around.Back to top
Where can I find exercises I can do while using my Intimate Rose Kegel Weights?
First, check our blog where we will be posting different kegel workouts for different goals. We are also building a Facebook community for our customers to discuss what exercises work best for them as w ell as answering other questions about our products. If you want a more challenging workout, we recommend that you incorporate a weight while you are doing yoga, squats, brisk walking, Pilates, climbing stairs, or while using an elliptical machine. Additionally, add extra water-based lubrication to your weights to reduce the friction against your body.Back to top
I'm having difficulty keeping the 2nd weight in without it slipping out. Do I need to switch back to the lightest weight even if that one seemed easy for me?
There is no shame in changing to a lighter weight! If you feel you are having some difficulties, go back to a lighter one. After one week, if you feel your muscles are getting stronger, then you can try the next darker weight again. Listen to your body and grow your strength slowly. This is a marathon, not a sprint.Back to top
Can I use these in the early stages of my pregnancy?
Our weights are safe to use during pregnancy, but we always recommend checking with your doctor first since every pregnancy is different. If your doctor clears the use of our weights, you need to ensure that they are thoroughly cleaned with mild soap and warm water before and after each use.Back to top